Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent. The service of having a Buyers Agent doesn’t cost a buyer (assuming that the Seller has a standard commission structure set up).
When you work with me, I connect with you right away so that I can save you valuable time by creating a custom real estate search. These search results are sent directly to you, often they can arrive in your inbox days before they hit the MLS. This can give you a competitive edge when you’re interested in a highly competitive property.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, Shannon Norris will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. If she doesn’t know the answer, she will follow up once she finds out. Your real estate agent will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, Shannon will present and negotiate it on your behalf. Shannon will review each offer with you over the phone using an online signing software or in person. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours. So be careful.
Bottom line: As your personal real estate agent I am there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients. This is one of the reasons why first time home buyers appreciate working with me. I have detailed lists of what to expect and prepare for when purchasing a home and I am available to walk you through the process.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will coordinate home viewings and present you with information for each home.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, mortgage brokers, movers and other professionals you may need.
- You like interacting with. Personally, I like to surround myself with clients who like working with me. We only live once and it’s always much more enjoyable working with happy and like-minded individuals.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. As a Specialized Buyers Agent, my clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to see if I am the right real estate agent, is to meet with me in person to ask questions and see if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.